Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My exchange server keeps becoming unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2003
DE
I have an Exchange 2k server which keeps dismounting its information stores (sometimes) or simply becomes unavailable for user login. Dismounting and remounting the stores normally solves the poblem, but this is happening twice a day or more. Nothing untoward in the error log. There are occasions on which ISINTEG needs to be run, but this reports no errors. I suspect a corrupt mailbox or calendar - anyone heard of suh a thing or got a ready solution?

Are you running any file level antivirus product on the server? I have seen this happen due to that. You must exclude the EDB, STM and LOG type of files from being scanned along with the virtual (M:) drive, and the MTADATA and MAILROOT directories or you can have random failures like the ones you're seeing.

Gary McDonnell

Yes, I am beginning to have the same problem a couple of days ago, I have set the recovery to "Restart the service" in the first 3 failure, and "reboot the computer" to the last one. Then it will say, it tried to restart the service but it fail because there is already one running.

Are your behaving the same way?

I have not found a solution yet, so any suggestion would be greatly appericated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back