Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my drive is e:/, cannot load stuff set for c:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisktdesign

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
Is there a way to re-direct software that is set to load on to c:/ drive, to load onto my e:/ drive.

Just a matter of labeling.

Reinstalling software to E, or editing every entry in the Registry that would apply to the software concerned.

Perhaps you can supply a few more details as to what you are trying to achieve.

Depends on just what you mean. If you want a program to install on the E: drive instead of C: then when the software installer asks where you want the software installed just change the drive. I install all my programs on a D: drive.

This is cool! Thanks for the input.
I downloaded an upgraded driver for my digital camera that I have had since my win98 days. Several months ago I removed xp home edition and installed xp pro on my laptop and everything that I have installed since then has gone to E:/ drive. (quite a bit)
Unfortunately, this upgrade does not allow me to change the path of installation, it automatically loads to C:/.
Is there a way to go in the back door and change the route it takes?
Thanks again,
KCK

Duplicate thread.

E:/ drive, C:/ drive confusion
thread779-614451

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back