Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Documents redirection stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

smahajan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2007
CA
I had set up "My Documents" redirection for the users in our domain. We only have 15 users with a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition. I just noticed that it stopped working all of a sudden 3 months ago. All the new user accounts I created in the last 3 months do not have their corresponding folders in the following directory "C:\Users Shared Folders"

How to I re-enable it.
WHAT SHOULD I DO. PLEASE HELP

Were you doing this through a GPO?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

No I was doing it through the Server Management MMC in Small Business Server 2003

i have this same issue on a couple of my customers mahchines

Set it through the console in SBS ok

you can view the GPO for folder redirection ok and it is there

however users documents not redirectng

Can run GPRESULT.EXE on the client computers all other GPO's are present even the heading for the "Folder redirection cpo" however the rules are not present.

Am quite stuck - any hints?

Folder redirection will NOT work if the 'user' is not the OWNER of the folder. Please make sure this is set.

Good luck!
Brandon

Have you got any GPO errors in the server event logs, I have always found the SBS built in GPOs to be a bit dicey, you may want to try and recreate the policy yourself (unlink the old one) and see if this resolves the problem.

Has anyone played with the permissions on "C:\Users Shared Folders"?
Domain users should have special permissions only which must include creating folders (for obvious reasons)

Adrian Paris

Paris Engineering Ltd

- Tech forum dedicated Google search, find answers faster by not searching the junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back