Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Documents Folders moved ! How do I move them back ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

douchrti

MIS
Mar 30, 2004
US
Somehow, The folders in My Documents got moved to another Folder named "_y Documents".How can I move them back ?
HELP

Thanks ahead of time for your help

Doug

How will I use Tweak UI to fix these folders ?

Doug
Thanks for replying so fast

See if Right-clicking on the My Documents folder (shortcut) on the Start Menu (or Desktop if Classic) and selecting Properties then selecting "Restore Default" fixes it?
Click to restore the My Documents folder to its default location.

Thanks Linney
I was able to get the subfolders back into "My Documents". The "_y Documents folder with the subfolders is still there though.

Thanks
Doug

It sound like your issue is sorted, but launch TweakUI, My Computer, Special Folders, and scroll the listbox to see all the choices.

Bill

Is everything in the My Documents folder that should be, no files missing?

Probably "_y Documents" wont take kindly to a delete but have you tried it? What does it say?

Try running ChkDsk to check your drive for errors. Right click your Drive icon/ Properties/ Tools/ Error Checking.

326688 - Windows XP Problems if Your Profile Is Damaged

811151 - How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

There are 3 files listed not to copy, make it 4 ("_y Documents").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back