Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Document Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccprgrmr

Programmer
Jul 7, 1999
US
I have a user that is unable to open any of her files from My Document folder. The associated program opens ( Word, Excel) but no data is shown, the body of the application remains blank. If the user attempts to open the file that is in My Document folder through windows explorer, the program and data open as it should. The user is on Windows XP, is an administrator on the system and is signed in as herself. The My Document folder is pointing to the correct Documents and settings folder as well.

Any ideas?

John John Garrison
n0vxp@centurytel.net

Is she accessing the My Documents folder from a shortcut on the Quick Launch toolbar or the My Documents folder? Also, which version of Word and Excel is she using? Finally, is the Quick Launch toolbar involved at all?

No quick launch is involved. She is using the My Documents on the desktop. John Garrison
n0vxp@centurytel.net

Also...this is Office XP Pro John Garrison
n0vxp@centurytel.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back