Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Direct Line is not working on my Norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelp123

MIS
Apr 5, 2011
CA
I am having trouble assigning a line to my Norstar T7208. I have tried different lines and it is still not working.

When I call from an outside number (such as a cell phone) the direct line does not work, it just hangs up. But when I call the extension (from one of the office phones) the phone rings. I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried to assign lines, reset the mailbox etc. What other options do I have. I don't want to call the phone company because they charge $150 for the first hour and they're only here for like 10-15mins.

Thanks.

Bring the line into the phone system on a trunk port, program the line (i.e Super, Line Pool), assign the line to the phone. Have you done a "feature * 0" and pressed the button where the line should be?

I'm not very good at this, so I have not tried nor do I know how to bring the link on a trunk port :/ (I'm not very tech savvy, sorry)

I've pressed feature *0 but only to inquire what the extension number is.

I've followed guidelines on how to assign a line to a phone but that still does not work. I can call the extension number but when calling from an outside line the direct number does not work.

It sounds as if the line has a short since you say it hangs up, the phone company can do a remote test on the line to see if there is a problem and if there is it's there problem and they should not charge you.

Ok so is it a POTS line or is it a DID?????
Did it ever work on your phone??????

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

ptstechnician is correct, you have to punch down the line to the co line card, the lines are not punch down in a row, you have to look at your system release to find what line and block to punch it down to. how many lines does your system have? say you punch it down to line 049, then on the system you program line 049 to your extension (ring and appear). it should appear after you last line button on your phone.

I'm not sure if it's a POTS or DID line. The person who set this up is no longer here and no one here knows anything about this system. How do I find out what type of line it is?

I think that a while ago we had a recruiting team here in the office so that when people called in, there were different phones but with the same extension number, but I'm not sure it's just a theory. So now when I plug in the phones the lines don't work.

I agree with norstarboy125. Pay up. Ask your service company if they can give an overview of how your system is set up. You may have to pay for it though. (though I do hate it when the customer wants me to train them on how to program there system and how basic telephony works, such as how to connect lines to system, etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back