Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My computer continually restarts by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

James11

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
AU
Hello,

I am having big problems with my computer.
My computer loads up and when it gets to the Windows 2000 blue screen, it restarts itself. I have tried last known good config, directory restore mode, safe mode, and everything else, and when it starts to load Windows, it restarts itself. When I shut the computer down, it will cut itself on by itself (no lie) and go through the process, just continually relooping on an on. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
James

I beleive it is Vedio card driver is not match the vedio card hardware or any other drivers is not suitable.

Andy

I had the same problem after installing PCanywhere 9, had to go into safe mode and then apply the latest pcanywhere patch. If you cannot even get into safe mode then it looks like a rebuild.

Actually, if it's rebooting itself then the option to automatically restart when a STOP error occurs was enabled in the OS... Try go get to safe mode though, and see if you can at least disable that option (right-click my computer, advanced, startup & recovery .. that you you at least know what it's running into... even though the BSOD looks cryptic it actually provides a lot of information to the experienced troubleshooter. Let us know what it says if you run into it.

Is there a way to get into safe mode another way?
When I try to enter safe mode, soon as it starts to load (on the black screen) it automatically restarts itself. I have no options, and when I try to repair it, an error blue screen comes up saying that somethings corrupt, so I can't even repair or reinstall.

Restoring the system with an ERD seems to be your only option. If you don't have one, you will likely have to format...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back