Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my company wants a login page for o

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewebgeek

Technical User
Jan 8, 2001
US
my company wants a login page for our ftp site. Some people will login as anonymous and use their email address as the password, and others will have an actual password that enables them to have more access than anonymous users.

I have tried a login page that asks for the user ID and password, and for some reason Internet explorer freaks out when anonymous users submit email addresses as their passwords. I think the "@" symbol in the email address is causing the problem.

So, then I removed the text field that asks for the password. When I do that, Netscape prompts the user for the password, but Internet Explorer does not, and assumes you are an anonymous user. Any ideas? Below is the code I am using.

<script language-&quot;javascript&quot;>
<!--
function enter()
{
user = document.frm.user.value;
pass = document.frm.pwd.value;
window.location = &quot;ftp://&quot;;+user+&quot;:&quot;+pass+&quot;@phoenixsoftware.com/pub/&quot;;
}
//-->
</script>

By the way, pass=document.escape(pass), In the immortal words of Ricky Ricardo,dun't work.

i think it's window.escape(pass);

document.escape should give you an error. adam@aauser.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back