Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Company Detail is GONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpeWeb

Technical User
May 25, 2004
US
We recently had to restore from a back-up our company in Peachtree. Restoration was completed from tape back-up of the server. Since we restored, the detail is missing from all transactions. Everything else seems to be functioning properly and other information is present. (Purchase orders, invoices, etc.). Just can't drill down to any detail. I did notice that the file TICKET.DAT is only 86K and not large as in other company files on the system. FYI - Any new information entered at this point has detail present.

We are running Peachtree Complete 2003 with company files on server running Windows Small Business Server 2000.

Any help you can supply is greatly appreciated - we aren't sure where to go at this point.

You can also email me at tom.weber@sharpeengineering.com

Your tape backup only made backup of some files (an incremental backup) not all of them, they are a set. You have to restore the entire data base set of files. meaning you cant mix and match files from different backups. You are missing the files that contain the detialed rows of the transactions, you only have the summarys.

You need to find a backup that has all of the files inthere complete format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back