Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My CCR Tree is forwarding Directly to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjdaddy

Instructor
Dec 17, 2003
US
I am somewhat new to Phone systems. When I setup my CCR tree I can not get the system to ring the handset on XFER instead it rings into the users voicemail instead.

Example: My first Path 1

I set it up to transfer to Ext: 224
When that happens it does not ring the phone instead it goes to the voicemail of Ext 224

How do I make it ring the handset first? Also, can I have one path ring multiple handsets?

Is extension 224 set to call forward to voicemail on busy? Are you calling from 224 to test? That would be my first guess.

Thanks for the help.

No, actually I called from an outside line into the system and it fowards directly to the users voicemail.

Are you absolutely sure that you set your CCR up to go to an EXT. instead of a mailbox?

MarvO said it

Maybe I am confused. When I am in the CCR menu and I select XFER as my path option the only thing I have a choice to do is enter in an extension.

I put 224. However, I do have a mailbox with that number as well. I set that up assumming that it would pickup after no one answers; sort of a general delivery mailbox.

Is that correct?

MCJ,
What is the call forward programming on 224 in 'Capabilities'?
Is the phone DNDed in any way, and does it have an answer key?

PhM

I do not have any filters setup at all under capabilites for any lines.

I am not sure what an answer key is.

MCJ,
Not filters; call forward no answer and call forward busy. Is there any DND enabled for 224, and an asnwer key is a button that rings/flashes when another telephone is ringing.

PhM

No, I do not have any call forward no answer or call forward busy enabled for 224.

Any suggestions will be helpfull. I have never had to program a telephone system before so all of this is new.

I have most everything setup. I just can not ring telephones from my CCR tree. I can get it to pickup the appropriate lines and when I push my first path 1 it goes to that voicemail.

I have since tried to delete the mailbox thinking that it might have issues with the voicemail box. Still nothing worked. What I need is for the system to ring the sales desks after they press option 1.

Also, I have only 5 phones on the system. Four of them are programmed teh same. The all have the ability to answer 6 lines that are in a line pool that is provided from an external provider.

The other phone has the ability to answer just 2 lines. Lines 7 & 8 which are used as a tech support help desk for the computer company that I am installing this for.

All of that works. I just can not get to a live person after a CCR path is pressed.

Thanks for all the help.

MCJ,
When setting up Xfer point in the CCR tree, did you set 224 up under EXT? If so change to INT.

PhM

If I am not mistaking my internal handsets are numbered 221 - 225. I am a little lost. I am guessing that is what you mean by INT.

Also, I can not change the EXT. to say INT.

Truly lost.

MCJ,
You must set your xfer point in the CCR using the INT not the EXT. To change this the tree must be disabled from the table. INT means and internal transfer, EXT means transfering off site.

PhM

I disabled the tree from the table. But when I go back to Path 1 I still cal not change the EXT. to say INT.

Any suggestions?

Is their some hidden button that I am missing?

MCJ,
erase the path and build from new. Choose INT when building the xfer point then enter 224.

PhM

Even when I build the Path from new I do not have the option to choose INT.

MCJ,
Program thusly;

Path:
xx? your choice
othr
xfer
INT
Ext: 224

That's it. Prompt will return to 'Path'.

PhM

I understand that but I do get the INT prompt. After XFER it goes directly to Ext:

MCJ,
I'm leaving the office at this point. Suggest you post your whole system equipment set up and release of software. Perhaps when I get back later I'll be able to see something from there or one of the others on this forum may have an idea based on the gear.
Also consider hiring a local tech who knows this programming. Usually saves a lot of heart ache.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back