Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My callpilot can not login, help me!!! 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kejun126

Vendor
Mar 16, 2011
hello,experts:I have a problem with My Callpilot
1. the callpilot server4.0 has been running for 2 years including My Callpilot and desktop messaging.
2. today, when I login My Callpilot this morning, it is failed. the response msg: "checking if you have the Callpilot Audio Play installed. please wait...".
but the desktop messaging runs ok and can play voice messages.
3. I restart the callpilot server serval times, not ok.
4. I uninstall then install the My Callpilot SW, restart,not ok.
5. how and what can I do next... for help!

I have this problem as well.

CP 5 (but I've been told it's the same on version 4)

Appears Mycallpilot is set to cease working on March 16 2011

The problem appears to be the cookies on your pc are set to expire today, the system will then try to recreate a cookie to say if you have the mycallpilot player software installed..this cookie then gets deleted straight away again...hence the constant loop.

so far I've found 11 pages with this date hard coded into it.

A quick fix until Avaya write a software fix...change the date on your PC (not server) to the 15th

I have a 4 and a 5 and have no problems

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I came in this morning to the same problem. I did everything you did with the same result...until I changed the date on my PC to yesterday. When I changed the date to March 15 I had no problem getting in! Thanks for the quick fix, hopefully Avaya will write a fix soon. Thank you!

Another option beside changing the date to the 15th...for those of you that have the CP MWI icon installed and configured, you can right click on it and access mycallpilot that way. So far, getting in that way is working out pretty well for user that can't change the date due to outlook/lotus appointment calendar conflicts.

Hi all,

There is a hard-coded cookie expiration date of March 16, 2011 in many of the My CallPilot server files.

We are on My CallPilot 5, and found at least once instance of that date in these files. Some of the files have multiple instances. All of these files are stored under C:\Program Files\Nortel\MyCallPilot (or "Program Files (x86)" on 64-bit systems):
- autologin.asp
- init.asp
- main.asp
- mycp.asp
- setserver.asp
- set_cookie.asp
- upgradeplayer.asp
- scripts\login.js
- scripts\sortable.js
- scripts\topbar.js

To resolve the issue, we edited each of these files (Notepad works fine) and changed any instances of the date to March 16, 2040 (which is a Friday; you'll need to change that in some of the files, too). Your mileage may vary, but for us this was a better solution than changing the date on client PCs.

After changing all the dates, we restarted the server (not sure if that's really necessary or not), had the clients empty their browser's temporary internet files/cache, and we're back in business.

I've seen hard-coded dates screw up the CallPilot Manager logon before as well. In that case, the cookie it used to store the previously used server name and location had a fixed expiration date. That's some pretty amateur programming... Oh well, our users are happy again!

As elturko said above,

We had our web programmer use a program that searched the whole website and replaced 15 Mar 2011 with 15 Mar xxxx (whatever year). We found 39 instances (including comments though).

It is working now.

We have our vendor working with Avaya on a fix, but unknown how long this will take and as a business we are losing money every minute our Fax/Voicemail system website is down.

@ elturko & Zenvo

Gratz on getting yours working, I tried pretty much the same thing before I posted the quick fix as I had no luck.

these are the files I changed

/quote from email to BT support

"Files that have hard coded dates in them

Upgradeplayer.asp
Setserver.asp
Set_cookie.asp
Mycp.asp (2 instances)
Main.asp (2 instances)
Init.asp
Autologin.asp

In the scripts folder
Login.js (about 20 instances)
Sortable.js (2 instances)
Topbar.js (5 instances

In the localized\en folder
Welcomepcie.htm ( 2 instances)"

/endquote

now making changes to those files didn't help me, although I only restarted IIS instead or restarting the whole server. I also only change the date to 18 Mar 2011.

Going to reboot the server and maybe increase the date, fingers crossed

ok mine not working was due to all the files in the scripts folder reverting back (guess I forgot to save) to 16th March.

I changed all the dates in my files to (Fri) 16 Mar 2040 (like elturko suggested)

Restarted the service and all working now

oh and typo in previous post, 1 instance in Main.asp and 2 in init.asp

Thanks a ton to elturko and hugwideboy ... dont know why no stars yet !!

Another little update.

If after you've done the above the client PC's still don't work.

Do the following on the client PC's

In internet explorer,
Click TOOLS
Click INTERNET OPTIONS
Click DELETE (in browsing history)

Make sure Temporary Internet files and Cookies have a tick next to them
Click Delete

Close browser, restart browser.
mycallpilot should work now

Avaya sent out a update on this issue last night.

My CallPilot - Login Page error
REVISION HISTORY
Date
Revision #
Summary of Changes
17 March 2011
Original bulletin
This is the original publication

Problem Description
A defect has been identified within Avaya CallPilot™ and its My CallPilot web-based application for accessing messages and management of user mailbox preferences.

Symptoms include:
• My CallPilot login page continuously refreshes checking for whether or not the audio player component is installed on the user’s PC.
• Inability to log into My CallPilot application without using auto-logon.

Scope of Impact
The deficiency is applicable to all versions of the My CallPilot application.

Problem Resolution
Avaya has corrected the deficiency within updated My CallPilot application version 5.00.41.143. This new version offers compatibility with CallPilot servers running releases 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0. Avaya recommends this update be applied to all customer sites using My CallPilot at the next earliest maintenance opportunity.
Note: Once the new application version is installed either on the CallPilot server or customer-provided web-server, impacted users will need to close/re-open or re-fresh their browser application. Once complete, the login page will function normally.

Note: For customers using CallPilot 2.0 or 2.02, users may implement auto-login (via the remember password function) to overcome this login issue. Otherwise, contact your next level of support for a manual workaround to resolve this defect.

Obtaining the latest My CallPilot version
The updated My CallPilot application is available for download from the Enterprise Solutions PEP Library (ESPL) website at:
PEP ID
CP500_MyCallPilot_05.00.41.143

Description
Version 5.00.41.143 – includes all content from previous releases plus corrective code to address cookie expiry defect.

You guys are right on the money. Thank you for all the inputs!

I am running Mycallpilot 4.0

On the server, I edited al the files mentioned above. No need to reboot server nor restart services.

On user's workstation, I deleted:

login.js
topbar.js

That worked! Thanks for sharing.

(Why would someone hard code the date 2011????)

I installed 5.00.41.143 but when I enter the mailbox number and password, the screen dissapears. I'm a little confused with all the responses. Now that I have the latest version installed, do I need to edit the files and change the date(s)?

The .143 build should have the correct files, so no modifications should be necessary. If you had a previous version of My CallPilot at that address and were having trouble with it, make sure you empty your browser cache and delete cookies, then try again.

Also, what OS is your server running, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Not sure for others here, but we've had no luck getting it to run on Server 2008 R2 (which is only available in 64-bit).

--Matt

Server 2003 SP2, I deleted the cookies and the cache. Still doing the same thing?

I found all the files referenced in this thread except the Mycp.asp file. I found Mycp.htm, .hhs, .log, .ftp, a few .zip, but no .asp. Can someone tell me what directory this file is in, as I have done an *.asp search and still could not find it. We're running MYCP 4.04.04.33, CPMGR 4.04.04.30 and CPClient 5.0.14.19. I've followed the instructions in this thread and now I get:
Invalid Credentials. Please check settings and try again.

My organization does not have a sevice contract with anyone, so I am unable to get the 5.00.41.143 update. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

someone mentioned this before:

Best to do a search "containing text" in MYCALLPILOT folder and search for "16 Mar 2011" change them in notepad but don't do save as, keep the same file extension.

Thanks you. However, I have done that and there is no Mycp.asp file. I don't know where else to look for this file. Do you know if all versions of Mycallpilot use the Mycp.asp file, or might it have a different name in version 4.04.04.33. I'm grasping at straws here. Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback.

An ASP file can contain text, HTML tags and scripts. your verison might have not used .asp , it might have used the HTM.

the original problem, was the main MYCP page would just keep reloading over and over and never give you a chance to login.....

Invalid Credentials. Please check settings and try again., not sure if that is the same....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back