Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My browser wont let me see some web pages!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPirate

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
PR
some pages.. which i want to view ... specially pages where im going to download something from a site on the internet displays the following message: You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

(Forbiden) HTTP 403

I DONT KNOW WHY!!!!! I tried changing my security settings.... I do have a firewall software running... but stil I turn it off and it still wont let me!... view the page or IM on Dial up connection... can anyone help me?

It doesn't have anything to do with your settings. The server for the url is refusing to give you access. Short of getting approved for access, there's nothing you can do about it.

Why wont it give me access.... if its a regular download site... a free download... supposely for anyone who wants to download it .... why wont let me?

I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with your handle being JPirate, LOL!

Seriously, have a friend try it from their computer, or a different computer not on the same network as the computer you are having troubles with and see what happens.

is this an "illegal" download site? If so, the server may have shut it down.

if it weren't for flashbacks I'd have no memory at all

403 simply means forbidden. Its just possible that the server doesn't allow direct access to the page you requested. It could also be that the page no longer exists but the administrator doesn't have it setup to show the 404 page not found error. Could also be the server is not properly configured and shows 403 for some reason try emailing the webmaster which will usually be webmaster@ whatever the domain is for that site.

John D. Saucier
jsauce@magicguild.com
Certified Technician
Network Administrator

guys! ,,, I BELEIVE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY PC.. .CAUSE.. I TRIED IN ANOTHER COMPUTER, A LAPTOP , AND IT WORKED FINE... I DONT KNOW WHY IT HAPPENS ONLY ON THIS COMPUTER :( , MAYBE ITS MY SECURITY SETTINGS OR SOMETHING

when i press the download link... it says!....

"You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. "

Just try three steps:

1. The bcastner "quick fix" good 70% of the time.

Open a notepad session, and copy/paste the below as ie_fix.cmd. Double click the resulting file, and answer yes to all prompts:

***** copy/paste below this line
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll

******** copy/paste ends above this line

2. You did do my suggestions here: thread608-746263 ?

3. Check everything on this checklist:

Hi JPirate -

Glad to hear you've narrowed it down some. Now this laptop you got the download to work on, was it hooked into the same network you're non-working computer is on?

The reason I bring this up is I had just solved a very similar problem for a client when I saw your original post. After trying many solutions offered by the MS knowledge base and from the site bcastner advises above (good stuff by the way), I finally bypassed the broadband network using dialup and got the access I was seeking. Turned out, the broadband modem/router combo unit needed to be reflashed.

Just another angle for you to look at.

KV

hey bcastner... the LoadLibrary("Msjava.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found. when i tried the ie_fix.cmd thing you mentioned

Also i cant load some java applet aplications like chat rooms and stuff... and some other flash based web pages...

JPirate,

You have some fundamental Java issues if the DLL will not register.

Head to the "Browser" forum and do a keyword search on java. You can easily find the MS Java VM, and links to the Sun JVM.

Start with repairing/adding to your Java services.

ok thanks :)... I also tried updating my root certificate for my IE, but still im forbiden to view the page or do the download.... Thanks for the help.. I will keep trying and will keep you up to date even though my problem hasn't been fixed yet... Thanks a lot !!! anyways

I enabled the Java console in my Internet Options , I could finally register the MS Java Dll. But I still cant download nothing from any site... It still says forbiden, or it says... "this object has been blocked"... some Help please...!!!!!!!!! COuld it be my firewall, I use a aplication firewall installed in my PC, but im not sure if that is causing the problem. :( WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?

If you have a firewall disable it.

John D. Saucier
jsauce@magicguild.com
Certified Technician
Network Administrator

THANKS JSAUCE... thas all i had to do... un-install my firewall ... :)... now i can download stuff
TY

I wouldn't recommend running a internet connected machine without a firewall all the time, just a temporary fix. However, a better way is to figure out why your firewall was blocking it, and maybe look to see if you can get the firewall to allow access to this site. Or try another firewall. Or use a hardware firewall like a router or something.

John D. Saucier
jsauce@magicguild.com
Certified Technician
Network Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back