Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My boss has told me to write "I am stupid, Please help me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRZ400S

Programmer
Nov 20, 2003
GB
Afternoon,
Can anyone help me with this problem, I haven't been using BO for long and I've come across this problem.

I've 2 tables, If the Cell appears in table one and two everything's fine, the record is displayed. If it only appears in table one I get the no data to fetch but I want to display the record, is there anyway round this and I'll post a pint to the first correct answer!

e.g. EVENT.CALL EVENT2.CALL
1234 1234
e.g. EVENT.CALL EVENT2.CALL
123 If 123 does not exist in event 2 then no records are displayed.

Cheers Phil.

PS Am i being thick?

This is an outer join, modify your universe join to include all rows from the other table (so to have results even if there is no correspondence there).

Stick to your guns

Swithing to an outer join may be the direct solution for the problem at hand, but such a universe modification MAY have far-reaching consequences for other reports and in general performance. I have seen tenfold degrading of query performance in switching to an outerjoin in this way.

Workaround may be to use a second DP to get listing of non-matched records.

No, your are not thick , but do a bit of testing .....

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

I think i understand ur problem.

Try to insert new table for second table using the 'Build new query from the universe currently in use '

Build new query anduse it in the table 2.

This will surely solve ur problem

Mohit Garg
mohit.garg@india.birlasoft.com

Yes, Mohit that is the same as my suggestion:

"Workaround may be to use a second DP to get listing of non-matched records."

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor