Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My ASP page runs twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

naserg

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
CA
Hi
I have an HTML page with a form using POST method.
My result page is an ASP page. When I check results it seems the post method is not working and the method in use is GET. I checked the log file and it shows that the ASP page is running twice first with POST and next with GET method.What is wrong with my IIS5 congiguration? I am using IE6 + IIS5 on Windows XP PRO.
Thanks in advance for help

Does your ASP page post to itself or to a different page? If it is posting to itself then it should run twice, but if it is not then there is probably a typo in your code.

Can you provide a little more info? -or- can you provide a snippet of the code?

Levi, Thanks for responding. I have problems with method POST when I use IIS 5.1 + IE 6.x on Windows XP professional.
When I use method GET that's OK.

For example:
Page HTML:
<form name=&quot;frm&quot; action=&quot;results.asp&quot; method=&quot;post&quot;>
<P>Login: <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;login&quot; size=&quot;15&quot; value=&quot;mylogin&quot;>
<P><input type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;GO&quot;>
</form>

Page results.asp:
<%
Dim login
login = request.form(&quot;login&quot;);
%>
LOGIN = <%=login%>

Result:
1) Method Post:
LOGIN = Bad
2) Method Get(with request.querystring(&quot;login&quot;)):
LOGIN = mylogin OK

What's the problem with POST method?When I get the server variable REQUEST_METHOD it always returns as GET, No matter what I used in my form.

Many thanks in advance for responses.

I noticed that when I keep the ENTER and then click on the submit button it works and the result is:
Request Method =POST
LOGIN = mylogin
But without keeping the ENTER down the result is:
Request Method =GET
LOGIN =
I think there should be something wrong with the cache in IIS.
Help please!!!!!!!!

I am in trouble.
Help me please!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back