Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My 9 GB HD is showing up as 1024 MB during install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanson

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
The other two 9 GB HD's are showing up properly, but the lowest numbered SCSI drive (and the default drive for installation) is only showing up as 1024 MB. Is there some sort of workaround for this?

Hanson

check your Bios. Run fdisk make sure its not partitioned inncorrectly.

This is a known issue, it is a problem with NT not correctly detecting the disk. Allow NT to create the 1024Mb partition and let NT reboot. The second time around you should be able to delete the 1024Mb partition and create a larger sized one (4Gb).

If the above doesnt work then If you have any other HDD attached disconnect them during installation and try again with only the one disk in it.

Hope this helps

What is it Pentium, PII it must be old not to see a 9 gig.

BIOS is the problem
you need to either get a new BIOS Flash (make it a newer version). It must be the exact right one or you will destroy the motherboard and (need I say more)
or
Get a new motherboard.
DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back