Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My 40GB Won't Visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznxtreme

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
US
Hi! How Come My Hard Drive Won't Visible To me i have set it as a slave or master it still won't visible, the system detect to hard drive but i dun see anything, (there is no volume lable) on the HD So Help

What operating systems are you using..

If it's Windows 2000 or XP, have you gone into drive management and formated the drive and assigned it a drive id? If it's not formated, you won't be able to see it other than perhaps in your BIOS on booting saying that it sees a Maxtor (WDxxx, or whatever brand drive it is and what device is it, (Primary Master, Slave, etc).

In Win2k or XP, the drive needs to be 'initialized' first...go into drive management (Administrative Tools - Computer Management, in the right pane click on Disk Management). In the left pane, right click on the drive you want to work with (where it names the disk 0 or 1) and click on initialize drive. Once the drive has been initialized, you can do whatever you need to do to it (i.e. partition and/or format)

Thanks ALots wizzard2k2 It Really Work, The HD Is Visible Now Thanks For YOur Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back