Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MXEE Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDMorIP

Programmer
Mar 6, 2008
US
setting up a MXEE R2 connecting directly to a CM5.2.1 directly with SIP (TLS). one doc says to use a station with off-pbx to route to MX and antoher says use AAR. can anyone share what works and what is better. i cant either of them to call. i get a network denial when calling it using list trace tac.

Hi TDMoIP

Got exactly the same setup here (MXEE 2 running on a CM 5.2.1 system) - I went for AAR as although got the off-pbx working fine, I read a couple of posts that said people could only get it working to a maximum number of call presentations on the off-pbx station - doing it via aar just uses a TLS-SIP trunk which has the same number of members as your license (of course, there may be other ways but of the 2 docs I had, the "aar" one was certainly a later date/release)...

There are a couple of ways doing it via aar - depends on what you've got enabled on the switch - I find it easier if you have AAR/ARS without dialing FAC enabled but you can normally get round that by using the UDP - I think I know the docs you are on about (have read them several times) - bascially go with the "aar" one - it involves seting up a TLS-SIP trunk (along with its signalling group), a route pattern and an entry in aar - I know all sounds a bit simple - as daft as it sounds, my biggest issue was IP addresses on the MXEE!

Be careful with codecs as well - MXEE only seems to support G.711 (A or MU) - took me a while to figure that one - of course nothing really says that anywhere... If you can post some more details of your denail events and screens of your setup I'll compare them to how I ended up getting ours working... There are probably 2 or 3 other ways of doing it but it works well for us... (I would post screens myself but not in the office at present)

Shaun

Had to reload software and take it to SP1 and that did the trick. The SIP session wouldn't reply to CM. Now works. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back