Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mx-One TSW SP 7 - Not Showing Cabinet 3 in Lim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgen

Technical User
Feb 13, 2012
SG
Hi Guys,

We have this 3 LIM Mx-One TSW Sp7 system and we just noticed that Cabinet 3 in LIM 1 is not showing in CNLIP:LIM=ALL,DEV=YES;, CNBIP commands. Even the SYEVP command is also not showing the vacant ports in cabinet 3 even though that there are cards with vacant ports in cabinet 3.

Everything is working fine, both analog and digital cards are working and able to call other extensions located in different cabinet and LIM.

We can also print the extensions in cabinet 3 using SYEDP:BPOS=1-3-X-X; and CTCOP:BPOS=1-3-X-X;. We can also restart the cards in cabinet 3 without issue.

Any idea what could be the issue why we can't see the third cabinet in LIM 1? Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

BR/

I found that SFCEI; was always a good starting point. (Start Function Cure Everything Initiate) By the way, a cabinet is what you keep your best china in, I think the word you are groping for is Magazine or Mag if you are a really cool MD110 kinda guy [smile]

Absolutely correct doktor, in fact many would jump to that option but I always recommend to start with SFCEI as it does not affect traffic. If that doesn't work, you can always fall back to RFEXI. If RFEXI doesn't work you are in trouble and will have to actually make an effort and diagnose the problem. [wink]

In the old days, it was not unheard of to reload LIM 1 to get a system back to a stable situation (I am not suggesting that would help in this case).

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your suggestions we really appreciate it. We haven't try the SF command yet because we are still waiting for customers approval.

Btw, any idea how long will be the downtime for the 3 LIM's system if we run this command?

Thank you.

The attractive thing about SFCEI is that is does not affect traffic, so it is always a good one to start with. However if it does not clear the problem you should look to try more localized solutions before resorting to restart of the exchange. RFEXI will disconnect traffic in all LIMs. This might not be too big a problem in a small system but if you were dealing with forexample a 32 LIM system RFEXI would be inappropriate to resolve a problem in one LIM only such that you have.

You can try to restart one LIM only (RFLII:LIM=x;) but you must be aware of common functions contained in that LIM and the possibility that certain traffic in other LIMs will be affected. Of course if you have access to the system out of hours (if such a period exists) and there are no users to upset, RFEXI is a good one to use. Out of service time varies and also depends on whether you do it properly and block traffic first but I usually work on 2-3 minutes per LIM. If that doesn't work... [hairpull2]

Thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it. We will follow you suggestions and post again once we have resolved the issue. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back