Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MX-Messenger / IPLU / BC13 / DNA 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker1982

Technical User
Apr 20, 2006
NZ
Hi there,

I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me;

We have recently upgraded from OneBox 4.0 to MX-Messenger 4.1 including hotfixes 39390, 39600 and 39966, upgraded DNA from 5.2 to 5.5, upgraded from BC 12 to TSW SP3 annd ELU32 to IPLU (R3A).

Everything works fine except when ECC (1.5) users call the voicemail hunt group, rather than them being prompted for their PINs, they get the "diddle de dee" and a ladies voice asking them to please hold for an operator.

If I restart the voicemail server and restart the IPLU and program unit IPLP this momentarily fixes the situation but then the fault returns.

In the users client ECC I notced the codec G.729.a is selected, when I changed this to be G.723.1 this also fixed it but only once.. the fault returned...

Has anybody got any clues? I can provide more information.

Kind Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

i had the same problem, but i can say to you that is a general problem related to any H323 client. If you call towards hunt group or towards a user with activated voice mail, seems to be that mx-mess didn't 'hear' anything.

First of all you must set priority on G.711, because mx-mess 'known' only g.711 (as described in documentation). Try this as a first step... i have still an opened ticket with E/// , i return to you when i have a solution.

BR
Simone.

Where MML commands can't, linux can. MXONE power.

Thankyou Simone, I'll look forward to your reply :)

I installed an ELU32 (R7A Firmware) reconfigured the MX_messenger and ECC clients to use that and it works perfectly as a temporary fix.

BR

M

Matt,

Did you upgrade everything at once, or did you do it in stages? If it was in stages, then which was the bit that changed to stop it from working?

I use ECC with CX771(MX-One Messenger 4.1) with no problems. Di di dee is the the CX prompt so you know that the voicemail has answered. Hearing the American Voice?? (default voice)means that you have no integration.

Have a look in the incomming call info logs and see what is in there. That will tell you if there is any integration or not. If there isn't any integration then you need to check that it is being output from the switch.
Have you tried this from an IP handset and from a Digital handset? If so what are the results.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Cheers for your response.

We did the whole upgrade one weekend so I cannot pin point the exact time of failure.

Using IPLU cards it seems the integration does not work for ECC clients as I hear the default american voice prompt - however; it works fine for DTS and ATS phones - I was unable to test with an IP handset as this site does not use IP extensions. I think it's a problem with program unit IPLP which could well be fixed in TSW SP4 as this site are on TSW SP1 with IPLU running R3A firmware and i see there are a lot of fixes in TSW SP4 to do with IPLU.

I'll look at the call logs as you instructed.

What version of ECC are you running? I'm using ECC 1.5.

Cheers

Matt

Matt,

Only 1.2, however I will try and update to 1.5.

Mark

Matt,

Tested with 1.5 and it's OK, issue must lie somewhere else.

Mark

Cheers Mark,

I wonder if I have a faulty IPLU?

Do you have your IPLU running R3A and configured for 100 MB Full Duplex or Auto Detect?

Matt

Hi Matt,
try upgrading your IPLU to R3C.

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thanks Whosrdaddy,

That's going to be my next move - I'll post an update once I have upgraded IPLU to R3C.

Matt,

Did you get this working? we've just done a MX-One messaging upgrade and when you dial V/M you dont get speech or tones. possibly something to do with IPLu we think.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back