Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mx and port 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaldS1971

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2002
NL
Hi.

My isp has for sure blocked port 25.
I found that out after I got a domain name, installed a Exchange 2000 server, and tried to recieve mail from the internet.
All dns and mx records are correct, and I can send/recieve mail internally, and send mail out to the internet.

Is there really nothing more to do?
I would like to "fool" my isp somehow, so that i can recieve mail . . .

But maybe there is nothing to do?

Regards,
Roald

Ya, your blocked. You might be able to forward through them using them as a smart host. I haven't ever tried this so I don't speak from experience. Maybe someone in here knows better setting up exchange to forward through a smart host.

POP isn't blocked though.... Why don't you call your ISP, maybe it's just a mistake?

Hi.
Tom:
I'm not so familiar with how "smarthost" works. I will try to check it out.
You got any ideas how I could try this out?

Bronto:
I have sendt them a mail, and they have confirmed to me that they have blocked port 25. It's (UPC) Chello Networks (cable), in Norway.
They like to control my bandwidth, and (obviously) they dont want us to use our bandwidth as we please (it sucks).
So I hoped there was a way around this....

Regards,
Roald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back