Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MX 6.1 not accepting SQLServer2000 DSN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

powahusr

Technical User
Jan 22, 2001
US
Does anyone know what’s up with MX 6.1 Server and setting up DSN’s for SQL Server 2000?

I have an existing DSN "MyDSN" setup; however the MX 6.1 Admin doesn’t show it and won’t let me add it. There is some kind of hang-up over the username and password.

Initially, my SQL Server installation was setup to use the "Local System Account". I left the username & password blank; when that didn’t work I used the username & password which I use to log into my system. To no avail, that didn’t work either.

I then mucked around in MSSQLServer properties and selected "This Account". I used the default, and then I used the object containing my username and used that along with my password. However, creating a DSN in CF Admin still failed.

I remember in CF5, I never had to add a DSN when there was one already created prior to installation of CF. It just seemed to take.

I am running:

Windows XP Pro
MX 6.1
SQL Server 2000

Here is the error message I am getting when I try to create the DSN in MX 6.1:

Connection verification failed for data source: MyDSN
[]java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'jsmith'. Reason: Not
associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user
''jsmith''. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Thanks in advance!

you either have the wrong type of auth (nt vs login) or you need to use an odbc socket driver instead.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

bombboy,

I believe I tried every login method. Unfortunetely, MX 6.1 does not offer any alternative configuration for working with SQL Server 2k

then create a dsn on the server and use an odbc socket to the dsn.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

That worked, Thanks.

IN MX Server:

1. Changed to ODBC Socket driver
2. Checked "Trusted Connection"

Thanks, Bombboy

glad it worked, i wasn't sure. :)

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back