Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWK light doesn't light up

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovilleneuve

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Hi tech guys, this is my first, but not the last one I hope, thread on your forum and i'd like to say that previous posts helped me alot with other problems! Thanks.

Here's the problem:

Since a couple of days, my light on the MWK key doesn't comes up when a message is in the mailbox. We are managing de whole thing with a server and OTM Navigator on it. I tried to shoot the config without the key (clear) and get the key back, no changes.

The phone config looks like this:

Meridian M2616
KEY 6 XMWK 7200 6040
KEY 14 MWK 7200
KEY
HNT FNA

LMPN Option is Allowed at MWA, Denied at RMMA, SMWA and Lamp Option is (LMPX) for PDNs and non-PDNs.

Any clues? Thanks for the help,

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

First all you have to Msg indicator on your set. Is both indicators not working or just the lamp?
I will test the lamp from another set just to make sure that the lamp is the problem. Another option is to check your VM to see if it is sending a signal for the lamp
Also you can try changing the TN.

"The life that is living should be examine.

I can confirm that the lamp is still working. Just want to say that we're 5 techs here and all of us don't have this lamp and arrow indicator on the phone! It seems like OTM is freaking out.

By VM do you mean, Virtual Machine?

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

I answered this on my own. Here's what I did, really simple. I already knew my light on the phone was working because, we have a common line for the helpdesk on the key 0 and the associated key for the mailbox is 6th one and when we have a message, it lights up.

I replace my Message Waiting Indication key by the Extended Message Waiting. I specified the DN and the voicemail 7200 and it's working fine this way.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back