Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jataco

Vendor
Apr 26, 2019
US
I have an extension on my MCD 3300. Every morning there is a MWI on the phone. When the message key is pressed the display showes that there are no messages. I use the FAC to clear the message but the the next day it is back. I have run reports on the NuPoint and there is no indication the the NuPoint is setting the MWI. ( This extension does not have a VMB). This extension is NOT a member of a hunt group. I have disabled the ability for a phone to set MWI. Any ideas?

Is there possibly an embedded voicemail box existing with that as the extension - like the 0 mailbox?

Does the phone have any other line appearances on it that may have a voicemail box?
I have run into a couple of times where a mailbox was trying to light the lamp on an extension that was only key on a phone or a to a hunt group that has keys on the phone(it will light the lamp of the firat member of the hunt group). If the key has no message waiting indicator it will light the lamp of the first phone that key appears on. (look in the multi-line appearance groups form the order the keys show up in this form are the order they were programmed and the first phone is the one that would have its lamp lit.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back