Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI will not light up on 3COM 3102 Business Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

trnicho77

Technical User
Feb 6, 2009
US
The MWI (message waiting indicator) light will not turn on when there is a voicemail left on that extension. We have 40 phones. They are all 3COM 3102 Business Phones. All of our phones, with the exception of 5 of them, operate without issue. The 5 in question all suffer from the same issue with the MWI not lighting up. Funny thing is, they all used to work at one time. The MWI will blink on and off when the phone is ringing, so I know the light hasn't gone bad. I have already tried deleting a phone from the system and then reconfiguring it as a new telephone to see if this would solve the problem. It did solve the problem on one of the phones. But I still have 5 phones that still don't light up their MWI. Any thoughts?

Hi ,

Verify the voice mail channel ( 640 , 641 ,ecc , or 6400 6401 ecc ) there are in the table 1 and that table 1 allow calling toward extension that not work .

Try test table , click extension voice mail and place call to extension that mwi not work and verify that call goes towards extension

best regards

Thanks for your input donbru01. I have a question for you though. Do you really think that I should be making changes in table when this only affects 5 phones out of 40? All of my phones are on the same system.

I verifed that the information in table 1 for voicemail is correct.

Hi ,

send me mail with dialplan.txt and if possible screen-shoot table .

bruno.donetti@italgo.it

best regards

I'm using software version R6_0_44

donbru01, I'll send you the dial plan shortly.

I ended up solving the issue today. I logged into the voicemail interface and clicked on “edit mailbox”. I didn’t notice before, but in the “mailbox preferences” area, the “notification availability” was turned off. When I turned it on, 3 new options appeared for me in the “mailbox options” menu. They are “notification filter”, “notification procedure”, and “notification schedule”. I went into “notification procedure” and configured it to “blind notify”. Once I did this, the light came back on.

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions.

I was about to suggest to check your mailbox settings - as you have discovered, this option can be toggled.

Glad you have it fixed.

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back