Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI Staying Lit When No New Messages are Present 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctphoneguy

Technical User
Jul 16, 2008
US
Below are the specs. of the systems:
Manager version: 6.1.15, Firmware version: 4.1.12, VoiceMail version: 4.1.40, Phone: 5420
There is an ext. that has the message waiting indicator lit even when there is no new messages. Through the source number the phone is programmed to have the MWI lit when a hunt group receives a new voice mail. The phone is tied to one hunt group. The person at the phone will listen to all new messages and the message waiting indicator is still lit. There are 7 IPOs in the network and the phone with the problem is at the same site as the VoiceMail server.
I have checked and tried the following: No extra spaces in the user name, didn't find any duplicates on the other systems, looked at the status.txt file on the VoiceMail server and it showed no new messages, unplug the phone for 30 sec. and plug it back in, made sure there wasn't any duplicate folders on the VoiceMail server, looked in the VoiceMail Client software under users and groups there was no new messages for either.
I'm running out of ideas and I would upgrade the system but only one user is having the problem. Can any one shed any light on this or guide me to another thing to troubleshoot?

Also, does anybody know how it is possible that System Status can indicate that an extension can have the following: Number of New Messages: 1, Messages Waiting: off.
This is on the same system and on the same extension that is having the MWI problem.

Can you give that user a visual voice button
Every mailbox it belongs too will be shown and the messages

If not then you could try the next shortcode

display msg
N"; Msgs=0"
line id 0

Do mind the space behind the ; !!!!

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

*71 must be *71*N# where N is the extension number (can be every extension this way)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thank for the information. It is something I never thought of. I will try it.

if all else fails delete the folder in the voicemail and restart the voicemail.

check the users name does not have a space at the end of it, i have come accross some problems where in manager someone had changed a name and put a space on the end. It wasnt viable until i investigated further.

Thank you for your input and your quick response.

Had this fault recently and had to delete the user and then put back with a different name. He had been a member of a group that had since been deleted but there was a message left for that group which he could no longer get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back