Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI over VoIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

latgal

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
Do I really need NMS (Network Message Services) for Meridian Mail Rel.13 in order to have MWI (Message waiting indication) sent over VoIP Trunks? I have Sucession 3.0 with Signaling Server connected to BCM50 over VoIP trunks. I want to use Meridian Mail as a centralized voice mail for BCM. I have MCDN with CDP and can call back and forth between BCM and Meridian 1.

No you don't. I run it over SIP and H323 trunks using only CDP. Works just fine. Have it on SRG 1.0, Branch Office and other remote sites just using TIE lines.

The CDP sends the call, if you want lights to light, yes you do need NMS. Branch Offices are a bit different because they are most likely registered back to the main site where the Call Pilot is located do it really isn't a "network" situation for the Call Pilot.

From my experiance you'll need NMS-175 in the PBX hosting the centralized voice mail system - and the network message option in that VM system also. In MerMail I believe it is called Network Messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back