Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI Not Working with Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD222

Programmer
May 7, 2012
US
I'm sorry I don't have all the technical specs on this, but in general, has anyone had an issue with Modular Messaging working with Exchange 2010? We had a mixed environment while we were transitioning and mailboxes still on Exchange 2007 were fine, but anyone moved over to Exchange 2010 experienced an MWI delay of about 20 minutes for a new message and also for MWI going out after a message was listened to/deleted. Now that all employees are on Echanmge 2010, everyone has this MWI issue. We have had our telecom maintenance company working on this for months, they have escalated to their highest level engineer and then escalated to Avaya engineers, but they can't seem to find a resolution. Logs have been pulled, logs have been monitored and no one can give us an answer or even suggest anything for us to try.

Any chance someone has had a similar issue and actually resolved it?

During your transition your MM should have been setup to properly monitor Exchange 2010 servers that hosted mailboxes that were MM enabled (even if MM's Peer Exchange server was still your Exchange 2007 server). Not only were there items to be done on the MM side but also in AD and Exchange 2010 sides as well before this would function properly.

If some or all of these items were not done then you will have issues not only with MWI but many other features as well (like possibly not being able to log into the TUI).

Was MM, AD and Exchange 2010 setup properly for MM to function with it?

Did your MM get repointed (Peered) to the Exchange 2010 environment? If so, is there a CAS Array in Exchange 2010? Is there a HLB (hardware load balancer) in front of your CAS/CAS Array?

texeric - I was not part of the engineering of the set-up, but I passed your response along to those who were. They're telling me that all you mentioned was taken care of - MM, AD and Exchange 2010 were all set up to work with MM, we do have a CAS array and load balancer. They have tried bypassing the load balancer but that did not resolve the issue.

Make sure the MAS(es) have had their MAPI/CDO software updated to the latest release available (build 6.5.8244.0 as of right now) and not installed over the version that was installed previously. What SP level is Exchange 2010 running?

A delay of MWI could be caused by a number of things. If MWI is eventually working that may be better than not at all, depending on your point of view.

Is there a DAG on the backend Exchange? Are there DB activations/deactivations happening here or are all the DBs staying active where they are today? Is the Exchange system under heavy load?

If MM is reacting to the events Exchange is giving it right away then it may not be an MM issue, even though MM is affected by it. I would make sure the CAS servers and the CAS Array are setup as the MM installation guide suggests, so they may want to review all of that again.

Can users use the TUI to access their mailbox, or are they hearing "please wait" from MM when trying to log into the TUI?

Have you tried to rebuild the MWI DB? What does the integration between MM and your PBX look like (T1, SIP, DSE, SIP gateway, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back