Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI Not Clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrae

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
Avaya Aura CM 6.0.1/MM 5.1.2

Suddenly, this morning, the message waiting indicator is not clearing once users delete their messages from the server. Thoughts why this might be happening? In 16 years with Avaya equipment, I've never seen this happen.

The MSS was last rebooted 9/30/2016.

Are you integrated via SIP or ISDN (H323 or PRI)? If the reboot doesn't fix come back and answer those questions. The reboot should be your first step.

ISDN between CM and MM

There was something funky going on with the MAS servers. Had to reboot them (2). Even then, the MWI wasn't working. I went in and started the service manually, then requested an update. All seems well now.

I believe the reboot resolved your issue not the update

Actually, the reboot itself didn't resolve it. Even though the service is set to start automatically, it didn't. Therefore, I started it manually. Then, I had to go into the voicemail config and tell it to update the MWI status for all accounts.

Even after rebooting the server again, I had to go into services again and start the MWI server service. Odd.

agree with Joe , you could of run the comm"clear amw all xxxxx" where xxxxx is the station number , the reboot of the mas genraly is a fix all on our cusomers sites the mss will get a rebbot at the same time.If you have an issue in future " try first looking at "display internal data sta port xxxxx" were xxxxx is the station port number from display station , you can also use "list trace tac xxx/q" when tring to clear down the mwi the /q identifier on your isdn trunk tac trace will hpefully give you some meaningfull data if the mwi fails , like wise a list trace tac xxx/m will provide a mst trace that you can view from the web interface that will also give you a really good idea of what is going on.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in mind if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back