Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI LED doesn't illuminate or go out in timely fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

noirster

Programmer
Nov 17, 2003
US
Hi,

We have a Merlin Legend R.7 Phone System and a 007 MLM. Everything was working ok until recently, I added a 012 w/ ringer generator and set one extension's class of service to 20. Now there is a delay when there's a message and when the MWI lights up at the extensions. When messages are deleted, MWI light still appears for some times. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

The last port of the voicemail is the port that iluminates/deletes the message waiting light. Try calling it to make sure it is picking up and not busied out. You can also do a MWL refresh under Maintenance in programming that will refresh the system.

Make sure your VM group is set up as LINEAR with your LAST PORT as the LAST ONE ASSIGNED.

It could be that the group is set up as circular, and therefore your LAST PORT is sometimes busy answering calls, and is not available to do the light thing.

Thanks guys for helping. I just refreshed the MWL, hopefully it will work. The Hunt Type was set to Linear for this group 770.
One thing of curiosity though, we have a 6port MLM where the first 5 port would answer with the voiccemail greeting but the 6th one seems like an AA port. Is this standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back