Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI keeps coming on for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsak

MIS
Mar 5, 2003
US
One of the secretary’s MWI on her phone keeps flashing for no reason even though she doesn’t have any voice mail. I already deleted and remade her voice mail box and that didn’t solve the problem. I believe I’ve seen this problem posted here before but was unable to find it during searches.
Any ideas on what to do to fix this? I’d hate to have to rebuild the phone for something as small as this but will if it’s the only solution.

Thanks
=Joseph Sak

REQ: prt

TYPE: tnb

TN 004 0 01 12

SPWD
DATE

PAGE

DES

DES BCAROL
TN 004 0 01 12
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 800
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 6
SGRP 0
RNPG 1
SCI 0
SSU 0055
LNRS 32
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBA WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTA SFA DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHA CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTU
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 2
EFD 800
HUNT 700
EHT 700
LHK 0
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 549 1 MARP
CPND
NAME MARGOT KALINA
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 524 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Borg Parks
XPLN 10
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 DIG 8 8 R
03 SCR 535 0
CPND
NAME DICK EWY
XPLN 8
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 SCR 635 0 MARP
CPND
NAME DICK EWY
XPLN 8
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
05 AO6
06 TRN
08 SCR 586 0
CPND
NAME TRISH THELEN
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
09 SCR 686 0
CPND
NAME TRISH THELEN
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
10 SCR 546 0
CPND
NAME CAROLYN RUMFELT
XPLN 15
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
11 SCR 646 0
12 SCR 771 0
CPND
NAME Sophie Counts
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
13 SCR 671 0
14 SCC 0089
15 MWK 700
DATE 8 SEP 2003

NACT

Wow, this person has a lot of lines to screen. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the problem might be where your MWK is programmed. Key 15 on a 2616 is usually programmed as a handsfree/mute button. I would try one of two things to see if it works.

First, do you have acces to an add on module? If so, then move some of the SCR's to the AOM. If not...

try replacing her SCC key on 14 with MWK 700 and leave key 15 blank. She loses her SCC functionality but it may cure the message issue. Good luck.

Mike

And if the second option works, change her CLS to HFA so the Handsfree/Mute feature will work.

Mike

i'll give moving the SCC key and MWK keys a shot. this has been the basic setup of her phone for over a year which makes me wonder why it all of a suddent went piggly-wiggly.

I'll try out your suggestions after lunch (i got to build up energy before i can work on the phone system) and let you know how it turns out.

JSak

Hey, it's Nortel. Does it really need a reason to go piggly-wiggly? :)

Mike

She has a total of three numbers marped to her phone. Were any of these recently marped to her phone?

Good catch Nortellian. I totally missed that when I saw the MWK on Key 15.

I am almost positive that the problem is that key 4 is marped on her phone. Everytime Dick Ewy gets a voicemail, her MWI comes on. Nul that key and rebuild it or make a chg on Dicks phone marping that extension on his phone. It probably is on key 1. Hope this helps!!

You may also have to check to make sure her phone isn't an
extention DN on another phone in MerMail.

In Meridian Mail, under local users, use the find command. Enter in her extension under the message waiting indication DN to see if her ext is not defined on any one elses mailboxes. Do the same with key 1. Also, why is Dick Ewy's 2nd line marped on her phone? Should it be marped on his phone? I would check and see if there are any message waiting indications set for his second line...

Thanks for all the replies guys, I’ve been to busy to look at this any further but hope to have some time tomorrow. I did however ask the sectary to check Dick Ewy’s voicemail the next time she got the flashing light with no message. She said that Ewy had no voicemail when her light came on the next time.

As far as the way the phone is programmed… I’m the 6th person in 3 years to be have this position so I have no clue why it was programmed the way it 3was. I also don’t know what this MARP feature is, should I remove it from extensions on her phone that aren’t hers?

I’ll do the VM search tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

If an extention is marped on a phone, and the extention is called, it will follow the programing of that phone. For example, if Jeffs ext is set up on Franks phone and is marped on Franks phone, if Franks phone is not set up to hunt to VM, when Jeffs ext is called, his phone will not hunt to VM. There for, you will need to marp Jeffs ext on the programing of his phone to make it hunt, assuming that Jeffs phone is set up to hunt to VM.

Hope this helps

You also need to check with Borg Parks as well as Dick Ewy when the message light comes on because both of those extensions are MARPed to Margot's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back