Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
Hi

I have a client with a 3300 MXE on version MCD 6 SP1.

Some extensions have a flashing MWI light every morning even though there is no message when you press the flashing envelope. I have gone through all the tek-tip threads on this issue and have made changes accordingly but still have this issue.

When showing the locate feature extension command it shows a callback message, but yet there is no actual call back message.

I have checked that the first and last voicemail port is in the VM hunt group and even upgraded from MCD 6 to MCD 6 SP1

Active Features :
Message Waiting Lamp On
Dialed Message Waiting.
Callback Messages : 1
Phone Lock: UnLocked

I have made the following change on the user's COS

Disable Send Message = Yes

I am now thinking about deleting and recreating all 20 Voicemail ports

MB's are not DN's on the system.

It is actually manitory that you are able to create an extension with the same DN as a mailbox.

As long as 9999 does not conflict on the phone system, then it is good to go.

Why you would want to do so is a completely different question.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

in your voicemail Hunt Group, verify all voicemail port are present in group.
then in maintenance command verify with " locate feat extension " command that all voicemail port are not in DND mode.
If you user voicemail port in RAD port, verify first and last voicemail port are prsent in voicemail HG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back