Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
Hi

I have a client with a 3300 MXE on version MCD 6 SP1.

Some extensions have a flashing MWI light every morning even though there is no message when you press the flashing envelope. I have gone through all the tek-tip threads on this issue and have made changes accordingly but still have this issue.

When showing the locate feature extension command it shows a callback message, but yet there is no actual call back message.

I have checked that the first and last voicemail port is in the VM hunt group and even upgraded from MCD 6 to MCD 6 SP1

Active Features :
Message Waiting Lamp On
Dialed Message Waiting.
Callback Messages : 1
Phone Lock: UnLocked

I have made the following change on the user's COS

Disable Send Message = Yes

I am now thinking about deleting and recreating all 20 Voicemail ports

For grins, put a scheduled reboot on and see if this clears it.

Always look out for the next guy because it may be you!

I have done a scheduled reboot and a full power cycle. Made no difference

Is the extension with the flashing MWI set as the operator extension for any mailboxes in the embedded VM? I seem to recall having this issue a few times and the cause was a rogue message was somehow left in the operator's mailbox on the embedded VM even though we were never allowing calls to hit it.

Also, check all mailboxes to see if someone may have put a different extension under "Message Notification" in the Mailboxes.

Always look out for the next guy because it may be you!

Do you have any voicemail boxes associated with Hunt groups?

If So:
[ul]
[li]Are the extensions that have lamps members of the hunt groups[/li]
[li]Do the extensions have key appearances that are members[/li]
[/ul]

One thing that would take out a lot of guess work is if you got a copy of the Log Data from the voicemail. Filename = /vmail/c/voxdrv/diag.dat

Once you get the file, look for the message waiting being activated and particularily when e.g. 3:00am

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try them and give some feedback.

I do not see any voicemail boxes associated to hunt groups.

I have exported the diag.dat file and can see the 3 am entry stating 0 and then the last entry I can see activating the MWI is the second entry

1) 5300-00 vtmsgcheck=0[msg9732.vox,0]10/19 03:01:16

2) 8483-20 mwi: vb_dial[*919732]
10/18 15:29:14 INFO 9050-19 mi_process_switch_packet: MiNet message with CLC value [3] is received 10/18 15:29:16

Not to sure what this means

Assuming the issue is with ext 9732

If it is a 3:00am refresh of the MWI then the system believes there is a message.

Next logical step is to delete the mailbox and recreate.

The mailbox was deleted and recreated and we still have the same problem.

I would be calling Mitel at this point.

I had this same thing on a CXi 6.0 SP2. What I found was somehow they were using "callback" and it makes the MWI come on. Try putting in a FAC for Callback-cancel.

When you do a locate feature extension, that's what you get:
Active Features :
Message Waiting Lamp On
Dialed Message Waiting.
Callback Messages : 1
Phone Lock: UnLocked

it's clearly a callback message so the FAC for callback cancel should sort this out. however, the question is why they get this callback ?! I think I've had that in the past but I can't remember exactly what I've done to fix it. If you don't ring the VM and try to view where the callback message comes from, what you get ?

Yes it is a callback.

The issue is that the voicemail is resetting the lamp every night during its 3:00am process.

Rebooting the system and deleting the mailbox has had no effect.

The next drastic measure would be a backup and restore but before I went there I would talk to Mitel.

Thanks guys

In the process of logging a call with Mitel

You can get rid of the call back indicator by deleting the line and then rebuilding the line. I had the same trouble twice and I was able to get rid of it by deleting & rebuilding the extension.

the callback indicator is when you call someone and their line is busy. nothing to do with voicemail. again just delete the extension and rebuild it.

We have found the issue on one of the extensions. He had a single line with the same number as the administrators mailbox. Don't know why but there is an unread message in the admin mailbox.

Ah yes, that is related to my question regarding hunt groups.

I've never heard of the admin mailbox taking messages though (Assumed 9999)

We have found the issue on one of the extensions. He had a single line with the same number as the administrators mailbox.

I thought you can't have 9999 as a single line ?! You should get an error "the number is defined somewhere else"...because is a MB with that number ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back