Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI issue, quite wired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff1215

Technical User
Aug 21, 2007
US
Recently, we migrate the VM service form Nortel Call Pilot to another VM (Don't ask me why...)
Most people feels comfortable with the new one, while some one meet quite wired issue with MWI.

For example, DN 3000 is a M2616 phone set, the original configuration for the phone is :
FDN 8000
Hunt 8000
key 8 mwk 8000

8000 is the call pilot CDN

After the VM migration, we replace the 8000 with the new VM's pilot number 7000
FDN 7000
Hunt 7000
Key 8 mwk 7000

After that, all VM service should move to the the new system. But several user still can get NEW message left in their old VM box and turn on the MWI lamp...

Quite wired, I don't know the reason...
Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

It doesn't matter if key 8 mwk 8000, CP still going to send a msg indication key 0 SCR# base on the Vmail MWI section.

My point is that if you FDN or HUNT to 8000 you will get NEW MESSAGES in their CP mailboxes............

9210 if you read his ORIGINAL POST he said:" But several user still can get NEW message left in their old VM box and turn on the MWI lamp..."

If you have any HUNT/FDN/NCFW or any other programming set for 8000, then the call will goto the Vmail on the old system. Some where you have 8000 programmed to goto the Vmail. I still think you need a Vendor that knows where to look for all the different places that 8000 could be. Your problem is beyond the capabilities of this forum, there are just to many places to look.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Caller may also be hitting applications and one of the selections may be express messaging to a particular mailbox.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back