Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MW Indicators stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
Last week we had to hard reboot our CS-1000 due to a UPS outage. Now all of the message waiting lamps on our 500 sets are stuck. If they had a message then its lit even though they check there messages and if the didnt have a message it is off even though the receive a new message. I did not power down the CallPilot during the power outage. When I check the status of the light with an MIK button it shows the correct status but the phone does not. Any ideas?

turn on lamp audit or add a key to your phone to turn each one off

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have a MCK key on a digital phone and tired that. I think the reason they are not turning off is because of the brand of phone they are using. But I still need to figure out how to make the light. Does the XCMC card have anything to do with the MWI? That card went out during the power cycle and we have one on order.

Yes that card turns on the lamp for CLASS type phones (non-voltage message waiting. You need the replacement.

Thank you very much. Now I can give this wall a break from me hitting my head against it.

For reference if anyone is searching this post in the future he is info about how the MWI works. I wished I would of had this article when I started to trouble shooting this issue. I was always under the impression that MWI was trigged by a voltage similar to ring voltage. I guess you learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back