Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MW Button does not dial voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebNetIT

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2010
US
Good morning,
I am a newbie to this forum and to the F9600. we recently had a power failure and found that some settings had not been saved and had to be recreated. During this recreation, the action of the voicemail button has changed. It does light up when there are messages but when pressed, the Prog. Feature button also lights and you get the display "MW:SND,CAN,VEW(1-3)#"

Obviously, my users would rather go directly to voicemail and get their messages. the voicemail extension works fine and if dialed from a phone takes you to the system and the mailbox for that phone. the MW button does not.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
-Scot

When the F9600 experiences a power failure, the msg lights go out of sync with the vm server. If the ext that is having this issues dials the vm pilot, do they have any new msgs? What vm system do you have? If its centigram,
from the menu S system maint, O additional options, L lights test put in range 1-9999 and set to 2 for existing value. press enter.

Thanks telm59...

We knew about the message light sync issue and rebooting our CallExpress voicemail corrects that issue. We think we may have screwed up the programming that tells the system to dial 7658(our main voicemail extension) when pressing the lit MW button. What we are getting, as previously described, appears to be the default menu of the F9600 for the MW button. I think we somehow need to reconnect the override to the voicemail extension. As I mentioned, the voicemail extension itself works perfectly. If you dial it from your phone it takes you directly to your voicemail.

Thanks!
Scot

I should also point out that this problem is for ALL digital handsets. So I do no believe that it is in the programming of an individual phone but in the MW function for all the digital phones.

-Scot

When I try your command exactly, all I get is ERR-060

I found another example that left out one of the commas after npcnv and that give me an ERR-004

no other explanation on the error.

thanks

dis np,,0 look for D73
error 60 tells you the pilot is already programmed .

On the ext that has a lite do a can mw,,****,all ****=ext

pressing the flashing mw lite when there is no msg will activate the station to station message waiting feature.MW:SND,CAN,VEW(1-3)#"

It will only dial the pilot if the voicemail left a message.

So try the can mw command then leave a msg for the ext.

Thank you, but the result is the same whether there is a message waiting or not. The light function works correctly. It is only lit when there is a message. If I dial the VM pilot manually, it works as it should and deleting messages turns off the light.

I have subsequently found that the issue of the default menu is only if you press the lit MW button with the handset on-hook. If you pick up the handset or press speaker first and then press the lit MW button, it dials the VM pilot and functions normally.

So the problem appears to be that the button functions differently with the handset on-hook. I hope that stirs some memories on how to correct this...

Thanks for all the help...

-Scot

my recollection , that is the only way the voiemail message waiting feature button will work. You must have go off hook for the pilot to be dialed otherwise it will function as a phone to phone msg feature

Maybe we had some special programming that I managed to mess up that would take it off-hook first. I know, and the other users who have the digital phones know, that we used to just hit the lit MW button and it would go to speaker mode and dial the voicemail pilot.

-Scot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back