Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mutiple File Open sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtorres

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
I am having a problem where when a user opens a document, the server is showing two of the same file opened by that user. I am running Windows 2000 Server and the end user is running Office XP w/sp3 and Windows XP Pro with SP1.

The user is then unable to save the document because it opens up as read only. I check the file permissions and they have full control and the file attribute isn't set to read-only. Since it is opening up two of the same files, it is setting the open one to read-only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This only seems to be occuring with users running Windows XP. All other users are running Windows 2000 with Office XP and no apparent problems.

We are having the same problem. Seems to be with any type of file(Autocad,BMP). We have tried turning off caching in the share properties. We also ran all updates. Nothing seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back