Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfgcjm

Programmer
Oct 30, 2007
US
I have a few music files on my site. What i want to do it when a user clicks a hyperlink (or some button) that it opens a small window browser and plays the file. I would like something more than the quick-time type default player in browsers and i would like to have one player for all the files. I dont know where to start. any help would be great

There is a flash music playing widget on my site.
You just embed it on the page and pass the filename of an mp3 to it via a parameter.

It seems to be popular but I'm not 100% on how well it works.

It doesn't open a new window or anything though, it was meant to be as compact as possible.

Oh, and I think I've lost the source fla for it so no I can't modify it :) Though it wasn't too hard to build.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Ok I think i understand how that works and it's kind of what I need but I need a utility in which will show a progress bar and if possible a volume control. I agree with it being compact and i would rather have it embedded in the page.

Look up embed mp3 player on a search engine. Quicktime is a free one. You can also just use flash for that. There are a lot of free ones out there.

Maria Santella
Technical Sales Engineer
ICP DAS USA, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back