Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music Play List 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
Ok, each time I come here I'm in deeper and more confused. Maybe someday I can stop being confused and be able to help others instead out but until then here's my questions.

I'm making a site w/ a song play list. My problems are:

A. The .swf file is too big to host (over tripod which before I found to hold some of the biggest files of anywhere), 20+megs. My solution would be to host the songs seperately and link them through HTML to the flash site but I don't know if this is possible since I wanna be able to pic the song through flash. My other solution would be if there's any chance I could make a couple different movies for the songs and then link them seemlessly to each other. But is that possible?

B. Who could host this thing if those ideas are no goes? And how much would I have to shell out to host this honker of a file?

and C. Is there any smaller file form to use on flash besides MP3? I know WMA is smaller but flash doesn't support it (I threw a fit when I noticed that).

What can I do?

Thanks,
Jeremy

To be honest! Not really! Like the background picture but not the B&B figure! IMHO, the first one was slicker! Use this background picture in the old templet!
But hey! Who am I?

;-)ldnewbie

dude your killing me....well i like this one better so i guess you can have the other one if ya like it so much..

sheeeeeeeeeeeesh.............
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Just an opinion Carl! You asked for it!

BTW... This thread is getting very long with both of your graphic signatures!

;-)ldnewbie

Hey Carl, like it man! Plenty of depth. Is this replacing the other site you had on the go? roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

the other templet i never finished..got bored with it..plus i was working on a site for a actual customer so by the time i got back to it i was really bored with it..you know it seems everyday i learn something new..and by the time i got back to it knowing what i know now i felt like it was crap..so i started another templet..i'm liking this one alot better..

e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Like me - start a site, learn some stuff, better ideas, start new site. I don't know if I'll ever get a fully finnished site of my own up and running but every time, I get a little closer. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

Hey virt,
What'd your old template look like??

I just love the new one's figure....
I sculpt, and I love human figures :p

see ya,
Kitten ^_-

1 problem with that site guys...;)
Take off the menu on that site...on the password screen, all I do is hit 'play' in the menu, and I'm into ALL of your secrets... ----------------------------------------
The Learning process is just a way to get rid of all the stupids in your head.

Now where's that cute kitten? ;-)

you can take off the right-click menu or just put your members area on a separate movie clip with the first frame blank and a stop action on the first frame. The play button will simply zip you over the top of it or if you hit forward it will go to a blank frame. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

are we going for the longest forum post in history or should we start a new one here pretty quick? Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Actually, remember those old movies where james bond is searching the computer, and it all flashes by and is 'searching'?...it does that...but it kind of looks cool...that's an idea for a loading sequence...;)

could anyone provide help on that?...with maybe some examples? ----------------------------------------
The Learning process is just a way to get rid of all the stupids in your head.

Now where's that cute kitten? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back