Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music onhold does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

safouene

Technical User
Oct 23, 2015
TN
Hello guys,
I installed music on hold with ip office 406 v1, it works well but after one month, it is not woking any more, where can i find the log to discover the bug.
Thankyou so much .

Are you using the internal music on hold, or an external 3rd party product?

Thanks!

it is intenal music on hold .
thanks!

IP406 requires a TFTP server to upload the file after a reboot. The MOH wav file needs to be in the manager folder and manager needs to be open to provide the TFTP server on a system reboot.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

i know that , i can upload a music on hold with tftp server and work properly but after reboot , the music is lost

Correct, the file is always lost upon reboot, that's normal operation. And if you have told the system where to get it, it will after each reboot (assuming the file is still available on the file server) :)

It must be a million years ago since I installed MOH the last time.

Most people hate it, and that is what I tell my customers. Advising them to skip MOH and use the tone option instead..

can I use compact memory card for storage music on hold ? It is possible ?

holdmusic34
that would drive any person nuts listening to that tune for more than 2 minutes.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

>can I use compact memory card for storage music on hold ? It is possible ?

Not on an IP 406V1

But of course if you reviewed thread940-1760995 you'd already see your mate has asked such a similar question...

So which is it IP406v1 or IP406v2

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

thank you so much every body :)..my problem is solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back