Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

cionjay

Technical User
Jan 13, 2004
US
I have a Norstar Plus compact ICS with 2 DS and 1 CI, Ren 1.5B I have a cd player connected to the 23rd pair on the block and i am getting background music throught my phone system and music through the paging speakers. however i still don't have music when i put someone on hold. Should i connect my music source to another pair or do i need to turn on a feature? i do not have program software only a m7310 handset to do the programing.

you may have more luck with this question if you post it in the Norstar forum

Colin

On the Meridian line you need a music route and trunk. Then you need to allow music on your voice trunk routes. Not sure if the Norstar is the same as I have minimal time on them. Check your software feature guides if you have them. Good luck!

You need to go into Programming, under system programming, system features and turn the On-Hold setting from Tones and\or silence to music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back