Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
Have a customer with IPO SE on Rls. 11.0 with IP500 V2 Expansion. Is it possible to connect mp3 or CD Player to IP500 to be used as the MOH source for all IP phones?

I would use an analog port if you have one.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

How would that work? Does anyone know if I can use the audio input on the IP500 V2 to supply MOH for the IP phones connected to the Primary Server?

I don't know about the audio input on the back of the 500. I suggested an analog extension because it can be referenced from anywhere in the system.

Any analog extension with its Equipment Classification set as MOH Source can be entered as the alternate MOH source. Enter XTN: followed by the extension's Base Extension number. For example XTN:224

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

In server edition you can share the system source from one system to other systems using the Line option. However it does literally create a call between systems whilst the remote end needs MOH played. Also only configurable as an alternate source on the remote systems, so a lot more work to have it applied to all groups, line, extensions, etc. if that is what is wanted.

Just use a USB audio input on the primary if its a physical server. Tried it, works fine.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back