Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a22ip

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
What a Tale of galloping Woe!. Using a CD Player Slowly giving up the ghost. Trying to load a WAV file to an Announcement Board on my media Gateway. Loading the files using ASA takes about 30 minutes to load. When I restore the WAV File to the announcement is reports complete then another 30 minutes or so to load but no file on the announcement board. 2 Questions Why so long and why no music loaded.

Thanks in Advance
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If you're on older windows, open the WAV in sndrec32, or something like Audacity. It's got to be something like ccitt mono 8khz etc that's basically G711. If you can pull another announcement off the board, or record one and get the file, check it's properties to see what the board is expecting. I'd imagine that's why you're not seeing anything. Maybe it's taking so long because it's bigger and higher quality than it needs to be.

kyle555 Thanks for the quick reply. Updates: File load issue seems to be a connection issue. Added a new Voice system in ASA the same as the old one and the new one loads in seconds? Weird. Waiting on the upper management to approve Audacity. Locked down pretty tight here. Need a Papal Decree for software. Just a side note: If you backed up your announcements from a Val Board and Moved to a media gateway the Val board backups wont load to the Media Gateway. One troubleshooting step I took was to take a backup announcement from a Val board and load it to the media gateway. This crashed and burned. I took a fresh backup from the media gateway and re named it and was able to load it successfully. So now I have to backup all my announcements just to be safe.

1a2 to ip I seen it all

check what version of ASA you've got and make sure its up to date. That can be a pain too. Any media player - windows media player, vlc, whatever should be able to give you the details about the audio encoding.

Audacity Is awesome! Music On Hold Fixed. New Issue! Record announcement access code errors. If i enter the access code then the extension number 1 to record or 2 to continue from end all ok. If I do the access code then 3 to delete I get the 3 beeps and then the announcement is unavailable? Can't record I get a wave off and trace shows announcement unavailable. To fix I load a announcement to the extension then use 1 or 2. All works 3 will hose the announcement?

BUG Me thinks

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Maybe it's "protected" in the announcement form to prevent it's deletion?

Thanks Kyle55 But no the Announcements are not protected. The recording access code 3 will delete the recording but will not allow 1 to load new recording. If I just press 1 and record a new recording all works as advertised. But once I press 3 the announcement is hosed until a load a recording through the ASA announcement section under restore wav file.

BUG Me thinks Still
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hardware platform? Definity / CM / Aura software version? valboard tn2501AP FW version?

Note: You must wait 15 seconds after you record an announcement before you can
dial the extension to hear the announcement replay. During this 15-second
window, you cannot record a new announcement, and no one can play this
announcement. However, you can rerecord the announcement during this 15-second
period. To rerecord the announcement, dial the Announcement FAC, dial the
extension, and then press 1 before the 15-second timer expires.

list integrated-annc-board 4b15
shows annc number, extension, announcement name, length in seconds (if length is 0, there is not a .wav file associated with the board or announcement name)

list directory /annc board 04B15
shows board location, File/Directory Name, creation or modification date/time, Size KB, protected y/n

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Non-Volatile Storage of Announcements on VAL
The VAL board has a RAM based file system on which the announcements are stored.
This is where a newly recorded or FTP'd announcement resides. The VAL constantly
checks to determine whether changes have been made to the file system (file
added or deleted or renamed). Once a change has been detected, the VAL waits for
5 minutes of stability. After such a stable period, the VAL backs up the RAM
based file system to its FLASH. The FLASH version of the file system is
non-volatile and is what is restored upon reset/reseat. If you record a new
announcement and immediately reset the board, the announcement will be
lost. The yellow LED blinks while a backup from RAM to FLASH occurs. All of the
above is true regardless which (if any) of the .wav files on the board are
administered announcements. It is just the way the board (firmware) operates.
Note that only files with a .wav extension in the /annc directly are backed up
to FLASH.

CAUTION: When you change a VAL announcement, the TN2501AP circuit pack or media
gateway v VAL source is activated to perform a Flash auto-save backup
5 minutes later. If you try to record a new announcement during this backup
process, the new recording fails, and a denial event is logged to the Event
Report screen.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

The system is
Software Load: R016x.03.0.141.0
Memory Configuration: Large
Offer Category: A
No Val Board Media Gateway. Once I press 3 to delete the announcement I cannot record an announcement to this announcement extension. I get in the trace Announcement unavailable. Forever. To get the announcement back I need to use ASA to restore a WAV file to the extension then DONOT press 3 press 1 to re-record. Ticket open with Avaya. Details to follow

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hardware platform?
What service pack installed for CM on cm6-141.0
This one is the latest 23681 (SP116) 13 Mar 2017

You were right.. It's a bug.

Table 27: Fixes delivered to Communication Manager 6.3.15.0 9 of 21
Occasionally, announcements could not
be recorded on Media-gateways or VAL
boards.
Table 27: Fixes delivered to Communication Manager 6.3.15.0 20 of 21
Announcements could not be recorded
on Media-Gateways or TN2501 VAL
Boards owing to busy channels.

cm6-141.0 23681 (SP116)

tn2501 valboard tn2501AP FW version? list config board xxxx

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------
TN2501 - VAL    TN2501AP             00 - 03   FW023    - 05/05/14
TN2501 - VAL    TN2501AP             13 >      FW023    - 05/05/14

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back