Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On hold 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

favtech1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2013
US
Does the HiPath 4000 have any internal/built in On Hold music or message capability, or is 3rd party add on required?

As of HiPath 4000 V5R1, any Softgate shelf has the ability to store .wav files and assign them as desired using the standard AMO(s) such as RCSU. This feature is possible if and only if the customer has a Softgate (virtual/server-based shelf). A "virtual" SLMA board must be added (ADD-BCSU) to an available Softgate slot to support this feature. The .wav files are transferred to the Softgate via Web-Based Management connection. Otherwise, I know of no other means to accomplish the goal without some third-party product(s).

Good Luck!

Hi,
You setup an analog extension and connect up a Siemens/Unify interface (600 Ohm Transformer with relays) to it.
Then connect up your music source (Check polarity)
Then you can connect up 3rd party music on hold units to it as well.
Newer versions of HiPath can have more than one source specified in the extensions.

Check ZAND and ZANDE - There are settings in there related to hold music in a variety of situations - you can set it to say a prerecorded "please hold the line" message, I think there might be some tinny default music as an option, and then there is the regular hold music setup that sbcsu outlined where you have to connect a music source to an analog port through an impedance adapter and specify the pen of that port as your HMUSIC using RCSU. I was messing around with this during a class I was in last week - I found out it is possible to use hold music or the canned message on hunt groups as well so the user doesn't have to listen to ring no answer untill their call gets answered.

If you have a 4000 V7 you can go into the portal and all of the documentation for the entire system is in there - you can look up ZAND and ZANDE in there and see what the parameters do, as well as RCSU for setting up recordings.

As iamnothere mentioned above, if you are lucky enough to have a softgate you can use .wav files without having to interface any equipment.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Our mgt has decided to stick w/3rd party for now, but, I will be digging into this for future use. THX.

If you want an external music device, I recommend this guy..... super easy.
Link

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back