Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
We are looking at implementing "informative" messaging on hold for our hospital(telling listeners about up and coming events). The company that would do it would provide a dial in box with flash memory which can be updated by them remotely. The downside is it's a couple thousand a year.
If I wanted to do this in house on my own, can someone recommend a unit that I can either loop a cd in continuously or a player that has flash memory that I could upload new tracks into. I would like to use the cheapest option available but I am concerned about a cd that is spinning 24x7 and how the player would hold up.
Also, is there a PDF that would give an overview on MOH setup for a G3si?
Thanks for help or suggestions.
Thanks TJ

We use OEM 6000 MP3 players, about $200 , you can update it youself

DonBott

Depending on how many times a year you would change the message, you could use a CD/MP3 Player and cut a new CD each time. We do that with one of our Helpdesks every three months.

The Business will record a new message onto a CD as an MP3 file and then we load into the CD/MP3 Player. The player is connected to an Analog Port.

Total cost was $59.95 including a stack of 25 blank CDs.

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

I also use the on hold plus 6000. Paid $150 from Graybar and it is installed and setup in 5 mintues.

Another avenue would be to connect an inexpensive MP3 player. No moving parts. I use cheap ($30.00) CD Players to play our "message on hold." They've been running non-stop for about 4 years w/o a problem.

Scott

It'd be nice to figure out a way to remotely upload MP3's to the device. Anyone know of a device you can put on the network or dial into via a modem?

Yes, use a PC, you get all the benefits like remote administration, you can change tracks and volume remotely, if you have the right tools you can even monitor the system and its processes remotely so you know when music goes down.
You can also easily set up a Windows PC to play music automatically on system start, even without a user logging in.

Regards

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back