Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold won't play, ARGGHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrado7

Technical User
Nov 10, 2006
BS
My company has a BCM 400 Version 3.7 on Unified Manager and the Vice President of the bank wants me to get music on hold working. He's been calling me everyday to ask about my progress.
I've went into Telephony Services>General Settings>Feature Settings to change the "On Hold" setting to "Music" and also IP Music to change the "Music Source" to "Audio Jack" and "BcmAmp" but in both cases i can't hear music while on hold. Is there something i'm missing. The service appears to be running and if I try to play background music i can hear it so i know its in the system. I've tried setting the volume to use system volume as well as set volume both with no results.

If you are hearing it on background music thru the phone then it should be working. When you call in and are put on hold try turning up the volume of the MOH device. It could be the MSC card not sending it to the trunks. They are known for going out.

First thing is to check your music source is working properly.
Plug in a set of ipod speakers to your ouput and see can you hear it.

If working then set the BCM to allow background music.
plug in your music source to the correct jack on the bcm(last one).

press feature 86 on a phone and you should hear the music over the phone.
Press feature #86 to switch off the phone.

Now make sure "music on hold" is set to music
and ip music source is set to "audio jack"

It should work at this stage.
If not try and reboot system.

As cook1082 says the MSC may not be sending it out.
power down system and try again.

Thanks guys, i think it was the msc. They called in a our telco to look at the issue so this officially goes down as a loss but from what i heard after he left, it sounds like he didn't do anything that we didn't do so i don't feel so bad about things.

You may want to try and reverse the polarity on the 1/8 inch mini plug coming from your music source. If you are using an external paging setup they share a common ground bus on the MSC and often times they dont play well together. We have found that simply reversing the polarity before it gets to the BCM will usually make everyone fat dumb and happy.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back