Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold Volume Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikej97204

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2005
US
I have a Definity G3r v 9.5. and I'm trying to improve the music on hold. Currently we are using a Ipod connected into a TN763D Aux card. The Ipod outputs at 32 ohm from the speaker jack and doesn't sound to bad and has a good volume level range.

I've been trying to replace the Ipod with a player that is suppose to be made for a PBX, the OHP 7000. I loaded it with music designed for MOH and it sounds good out of the 7000's speaker. When I put it in place of the Ipod and listen to it through a phone, I can barely hear it, even with the phone volume all the way up.

I've tried both the 600 ohm and 8 ohm output option and at 8 ohm it's even lower. I tried re-recording the CD, making sure the volume was up high, but I think the 7000 only records at one level and the volume control does not affect it. I've re-done the connections a couple of times (I am hooked from the TN763D to a 66 block) and it makes no difference.

I read that the OHP 7000 was suppose to work with the Definity G3, so either I'm over looking something or the 7000 itself has a problem on the output. I believe the connection is suppose to be 600 ohms between the 7000 and the input of the TN763D. And if the Ipod works using the 66 block the 7000 should work.

Does anyone else use a OHP 7000 or simular device for MOH and if so, did you have to do anything different to get good level output from it? I'd hate to have our PBX maintenance tech come out and then find out I only had a couple of wires reversed or something simple like that.

Thanks for any help on this.

Mike

On the OHP there is a volume control on the front panel. This will control the volume you hear over the phone. Dial and get Music then adjust this volume.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If you still have an issue with the volume:

Pick up an integrated audio amplifier at radio shack.
Plug your audio source into the amp & wire the amp to an aux or analog port. Adjust as needed. Works like a champ.

Ed, Although I wouldn't swear to it at the moment, I'm pretty sure I tried increasing the volume from the control on the 7000 itself and it didn't make any difference. But I might not have tried it while I was actually listening to it over the phone. I will try that again.

Wilroy, that sounds like a good idea. I'll check that out as well.

Thanks to both of you.

Mike

Ed, I hooked it back up and gave it another try. If I have the phone volume all the way up and the 7000 volume all the way up, I can hear the music. If I reduce the volume on the 7000 the volume of the music goes down, so that volume button is controlling the sound, there just isn't enough volume to bring it up so that it can be heard very well.

It's possible that I have a defective 7000 in either it's output volume or in the recording volume when I put the CD in it. I have not tried recording to a memory card or loading through the USB port to see if that makes a difference. I'll get a amp and boost the signal that way or maybe take the chance and get another one. Or something else. I've looked on the internet and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choices for MOH sources.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back