Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on hold - type of cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
What type of cable is needed between a CD player (which has standard RCA outputs and the music on hold port on my Partner ACS R6?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

The ACS also has an RCA jack, so a standard RCA -> RCA will work.

When you say an RCA cable, do you mean a normal stereo to mono cable? My CD player has 2 outputs (red and white). and my RCA cable has 4 plugs on it (2 on each side).

Music on hold is mono, so all you need is 1 channel from your CD player. If you want to use both left & right channels from the CD player, you can use a standard "Y" adapter to combine the channels to form a single mono signal to use with the ACS.

Does anyone have a Radio Shack part number of a cable that will work so I won't have to "skin it back"?

You could try this one 274-303. It looks kinda huge and bulky, but it will give you the connections you need I think.

The Radio shack one does have to be "skinned" back (last one I bought). It's not hard, just run a razor around back a bit. the excess will pop off.
-Chris

i just carry the plugs without the cable connected then I make up whaetever length I need by soldering in a piece of jumper wire .

I have never had a problem plugging them in

I just by a pcak , I think there 4 or 5 in the pack from radio shack.

Hi skip555,
I do the same, CAT-5 works since it's a low impedance circuit.
-Chris

274-501 is less bulky but more expensive.
42-2536 would have to be skinned a bit, it's easy but I know what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back