Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold off LSP G450

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
ALL:

Please help me? I have a core S8730 that has 2 LSP G450's off it in different locations. All is good but 1 of the LSP/G450 has local MOH tied in via an analog trunk port. I think we setup the MOH correctly as it is playing but all held calls are playing the music off the core S8730. I thought CM 3.x and higher has the ability to play MOH from the closest gateway to the incoming call. This is the case as the PRI off the G450 is where the MOH is. Do I need to setup tenant partitioning to make this work? The S8730 is CM 5.0.1 and the G450/LSP is CM 5.2.1

Thanks as always.

Yes, you need to put the users of the G450's in a tenant with whatever music source you set them up with. Make sure you have tenant partitioning turn on in System-parameters Customer-options.

Thanks mojoputter but won't this cause issues with 4 digit dialing and trunk group access?

Changing the tenant will not affect anything but what is included in whatever tenant group your changing, as you can see below. Tenant Partitioning is a whole different subject.

To add the users to a different Tenant is on the 1st page of the users station form.

display tenant 1
TENANT 1

Tenant Description: Minneapolis HQ

Attendant Group: 1

Ext Alert Port (TAAS):

Night Destination: 4100

Music Source: 1

Attendant Vectoring VDN: 4100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor