Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

music on hold not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meawmeaw123

Technical User
Jun 26, 2009
US
Hello!!!! would appreciate your advise.

we had received 2 mp3 files and had converted to wav as per the required 8khz 16bit ,mono.

then i renamed the files to holdmusic2.wav and holdmusic3.wav

also entered those files in the tone and music.

copied to to primary folder -files

i also rebooted the system -file-advance-reboot-immediate

for some reason i still get a beep and hold on music doesn't work.

please help.

If you want to change the default system holdmusic you need to name one just holdmusic.wav, the extra entries you made were for the additional sources :)

are you saying that on the embeded file management -files-i hjust need to have holdmusic.wav?

I am sorry i dont think i followed this.

If you added 2 files how do you think the system knows which one to play? The one you want to play by default needs to be named as I said (make sure system source is set to wav/internal) additional sources which only play with additional config can be named however you like :)

also check under system>telephony>tones&music if the setting is set for wav and not tone

the setting is wave.
i had the files converted again to required 8khz and changed file name and still doesn't work.

Thought would be 1/2 hour work and is taking almost 2 days :(

It's less than that if you know what you're doing, maybe 2 mins. I guess you are doing something wrong or are over the 90 sec limit :)

If you dont mind let me go over this again.

i had 2 mp3 files each 32 sec and 31 sec.

I used a program to convert to .wav 8khz,16bit and mono.

then i have the tone and music set to wav

under the name have
2 spanish and source WAV:holdmusic2.wav
and then
3 english and source WAV:holdmusic3.wav

i had copied this files to embedded file management on primary folder where all bin files are present.

are you saying that when I copy this files to primary folder i should have files as holdmusic.wav and holdmusic2.wav?

it might be very silly but please excuse very new to IP office.

As I mentioned, when you press the hold button (or transfer etc) the system plays the default hold music, if you want to use a .wav file for that then YOU need to name it holdmusic.wav, not holdmusic2.wav or holdmusic3.wav.

You can then add additional files named any way you like but then you need additional programming in the system, to tell the system when those different sources need to be used, it can't possibly know when to play the different files unless you have told it when and where to do so.

For testing dial:

*341# That will play the defualt music on hold (if it is just beeps it isn't named correctly (holmusic.wav) or is too long 90 sec+ or is the wrong format or not uploaded correctly)

*342# That will play the 2nd music on hold source (1st additional) if present, otherwise plays the default

*343# That will play the 3rd music on hold source (2nd additional) if present, otherwise plays the default

*344# You get the drift :)

holdmusic.wav....not holmusic :)

*341# That will play the defualt music on hold (if it is just beeps it isn't named correctly (holmusic.wav) or is too long 90 sec+ or is the wrong format or not uploaded correctly)

Hi all,

I am having a similar issue. I have a customer with Ver 8 installed and using Basic Edition. I have the file labeled holdmusic.wav and it is active in programming.I can not hear any music when put on hold.
It is a known working file because I have uploaded it to my in-house system and it plays fine. the only difference is that the in-house system is in standard mode and Ver 6.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Derek

I have a problem with using a external music source connected to my ip 500. The system music is configured for external and I can hear the source message played from the source speaker but I can not hear it played when I try *73 (the short code was changed already when I took over)I also programed the hunt group to use source music on hold..Do I need to reboot to make this work?

Mr Corner I presume? If you changed the system source to external from anything else then yes it needs a reboot :)

I performed the reboot and music on hold still will not function, I am using the "On Hold Advertising Inc messenger usb box" connected from the 8ohm jack to the audio in on the 500V2 box.Besides changing the cable from the box to the 500V2 is there anything else in the programming that would be the cause of this issue? My thinking is I have a bad output from the source and not a programming problem. Tech support at On Hold Advertising Inc did not know anything about a Avaya ip office manager system which I thought was starnge since they are the ones making this stupid box to begin with?

You could try changing a spare analogue port to 'MOH Source' and crimp an RJ45 onto the pairs coming from the 8ohm jack.

ACSS SME
APSS SME
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Found the problem with my Music on Hold Issue..It was a attenuated cable that was installed, went to radio shack and purchaced a mono cable installed it and it worked like a charm..hope this help others in the future..

What system are you working on and software level?

defaulty moh should be named as holdmusic.wav and not holdmusic2.wav or holdmusic2.wav as stated by amriddle01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back