Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on hold NOT getting played for particular super loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelhawk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2004
GB
hi ,
got a interesting problem in hand ....just newly took control of a 81C system . on inspecting the site and system i found 1 peculiar problem. It has a common Music source which is a CD player . All the extn ,att console have this music played whenever they are on hold but all extns belonging to a particular super loop 40 0 x x dont have this music playing when they r on hold. Instead of music they have complete dead silence during the hold period ......want help regarding how to go about this problem ......where can be the fault.......

also plz note that from these problematic extns if i dial music route access code i hear nothing but the TARG-TGAR matching is ok and i have checked that its not TARG-TGAR issue .......

advance thanx for the help

when you dial the mus route acod, are you dialing from a station on loop 40 0 ?... i would start with the cont card and move back toward the switch.. if you don't have cards in stock i would roll the cont with a working one and see if the trouble moved, i can't see anything except a cont, network card doing that, unless you have a backplane problem, i can't see a backplane trace for music that wouldn't effect voice as well... you can find some strange ones, another 1st for me..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hi john,

thanx for the prompt help and tips ......i also thought of changing the controller card but as the site is very busy so i gotto do that in some proper downtime which the buisness head is not ready to give now .......i will do that and post wot happened ....also while dialing music route acod i have dialled from extn in the problematic superloop and also from the extn in a properly functioning superloop ....in the earlier case i got silence where as in the later case proper music on hold was playing .......by the way can there be anything to do with the conf/tds loops or conf/tds cards as the music source is shared over conf. loops .......

Just wondering could it be that the conference loop card is located in Network shelf "0" ie. core cpu/network shelf 0/0, 0/1, so only superloop cards located on this cpu/net shelf can hear it; superloop 0 - 31,

Whilst for superloops 32-63 and above which would be situated on Network shelves 1/0, 1/1...you would require another conference loop card located on this network shelf "1", to be assigned to the music route programmed; ie. program another TN for the music route and parallel jumper the existing music circuit from the CD to the new TN.

Not sure if it makes sense, but I do remember there was a dependency somewhere regarding the Network shelves..!!

Can anyone confirm or clarify this...

Cheers..!

do a trace when a call is on hold, chances are the conf/tds is not always the same one..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If it is a multi-group switch like your 81C, you need a TN built for music in each group.

hi jjinkins,

can u plz elaborate ur soln some more ........

thanx a lot

TN 04 0 09 00
TYPE MUS
CUST 0
RTMB 10 1
CFLP 15
DATE NO DATE
You'll need one of these for each group, adding 32 to my loop number and using the next higher vacant trunk port, i would build another mus trunk on a loop above 36...ie 40 0 0 0... i need to repeat this for each group (64 slots) in an 81.. for some reason i usually assume that when you find something broke, it was working at one point.. hint.. ld 20 prt mus return .. that will give you all mus trunks, prt cequ (ld 22) and see if the broken group has a mus trunk.. if you don't already know you can loop your music source from a working tn to your new one

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanx john ........i will try that out and get back ....thanx a lot again.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back